Accreditation bodies now recommend prophylaxis on surgeries 45 minutes and longer to prevent Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT). So compression therapy is no longer an option, it’s a clinical recommendation. In over a dozen clinical articles, intermittent compression systems such as Venodyne are noted as a leading choice to stop DVT without the risk of post-op bleeding often associated with drug therapies. With clinically proven efficacy, patient compliance, and even lower cost per patient, the Microtek brand Venodyne intermittent compression system is a preferred answer to the risk of DVT.
Venodyne systems include:
- Quick connect tubing
- Easy slip-on calf length sleeves
- Automatic pressure regulation... set it and forget it
- Lightweight, rugged, portable power unit with whisper quiet operation
- Convenient bedrail hanger
- Visual and audible alarms with automatic shutdown if a problem arises
This is the system that can prevent DVT, one of the leading causes of death in hospitals today.